Here we are in 2020… It’s the future!
I can’t even imagine how different my life is now compared with when I started my previous blog, From Zero to Zygote.
A lot has happened since then.
- Infertility (so many years, let’s call it 20)
- 2 x endometriosis ops
- 1 x fibroid op
- Over 600 self-administered injections
- 10+ daily meds
- Quite a few IVs
- A baby!
- 2 jobs
- A lot of holidays, mostly involving Disney
- A few weddings (not ours!)
- A fair amount of weight gain
- 16 kg weight loss
- Vegetarianism (One day I’ll go vegan but I’m bad with cheese)
- A newfound love for dancing stupidly in Zumba
- Many more years of love
It’s impossible to sum it all up really. There have been hard days, for sure. It’s not all a bed of roses (which sounds uncomfortable anyway).
But through it all runs this thread… I – an adoptee from the other side of the world – get to know a blood relative. I had the little boy I always dreamed of. It sounds stupid really but I always dreamed of a little boy in a sailor suit (don’t ask me why; too much Enid Blyton as a child) and now I have a living breathing son. He wore the sailor suit to his naming ceremony. He holds my hand and calls me mama. I’m still the luckiest girl in the world because I met a wonderful man and we have a wonderful (crazy, ridiculous) dog. But I’m now the happiest-luckiest because I get to be mama to our beautiful, funny, inquisitive, silly, loving, mischievous child.